Bridging the gap between dates in a fiscal calendar and dates in a regular calendar, which in turn will foster smoother communication between different departments (Sales, Accounting, Marketing etc.) across an organization.
For a laptop/desktop experience only, design multiple flows that attempt to address the unique needs of two distinct user groups using the same web-based app: those who need a standard date picker, and those who need to interact with period calendar dates and other special accounting dates shown on the calendar image.
Paper prototypes or Lo-fi prototypes in any prototyping tools
Class Assignment - Rapid Prototyping & Lean UX Methodology
- Time Constraint (one of the 4 assignments due within a week)
- No user story was provided. It was not clear where/how would the calendar be used, like a widget or a regular calendar or as a part of the dashboard.
- Extensively studied the calendar for a day and a half to understand what the different categories meant.
- Discussion with classmates and friends over the possible ways and situations the calendar might be used.
- Web research to find anything remotely similar or concerning a fiscal calendar.
Low fidelity prototypes using Sketch and 1 pen-paper prototype