Bring the in-store experience of buying fresh produce and meat to mobile app.
Re-design the central market website for the experience of buying steaks. Assume, user wants to buy steak for a dinner gathering of 4 people. He/she would prefer is the 4 pieces were identical so that there is no bias in the meal portions. User has already searched for and selected the steak by brand/name.
Paper prototypes or Lo-fi prototypes in any prototyping tools
Class Assignment - Rapid Prototyping & Lean UX Methodology
- Time Constraint (one of the 4 assignment due within a week)
- I never bought “Steak” in my life (I am a vegetarian and belong to a family where everyone is a vegetarian)
- Spoke to 8-10 people about their steak buying experience. Participants were randomly sampled and were - mostly colleagues from a workplace or friends.
- Spent some time asking the butcher at Walmart and H-E-B about what the conversation goes like with a customer who comes to buy a steak.
- 30% of the people said they bought steak by weight mostly because they are accustomed to it and that is how the stores sell it. However given a chance, they would also look for marbling in the steak that they are buying.
- One participant said that she considers price as the driving factor often, as she is a student and steaks can be really expensive sometimes.
- The rest of the participants said that they would look for marbling and thickness particularly.
- No-one was really concerned about the length and width dimensions of the piece as that can be modified at home. However, identical pieces are a bonus.
- It was also discovered that different users used different units to measure weight.
Prototypes using Sketch